July 12, 2021
In a press release on Monday, the Poor People’s Campaign outlined its plans for a “season of nonviolent direct action” over the next month as the Senate GOP’s obstruction—and Democrats’ refusal to take the steps necessary to break it—threatens to derail much of President Joe Biden’s policy agenda:
· July 12, a massive national call-in to every senator, to shut down the switchboards if necessary.
· July 19, the anniversary of the Women’s Convention at Seneca Falls, nonviolent moral direct action in D.C. led by women from all over the country.
· July 26, in all Senate offices, regardless of party, people in at least 45 states, will engage in nonviolent moral direct action.
· August 2, nonviolent moral direct action focused on the U.S. Senate and led by a mass number of clergy and religious leaders with poor and low-wage workers.
To read more visit: https://www.nationofchange.org/2021/07/06/poor-peoples-campaign-announces-season-of-nonviolent-direct-action-targeting-us-senate/?fbclid=IwAR3DZlCVUC3zNiXdSWkpbWg8CRo3XzVrYMVVJ-o0F2S98mF_JyLkIygO79Q
The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is launching a Season of Nonviolent Moral Direct Action
The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival, joined by dozens of partners, our 40+ state coordinating committees, and thousands of faith leaders, has announced a Season of Nonviolent Moral Direct-ActionJuly 12 - August 8.
- End the Filibuster!
- Pass all provisions of the For the People Act
- Fully restore the 1965 Voting Rights Act
- Raise the federal minimum wage to $15/hr.
Join us at 1pm ET/ 11am PT on Monday, July 12 for a press conference live from Washington, D.C. to announce this season of action directly followed with a massive online call-in action.
Join us for the Sacramento Poor People’s Campaign’s Meeting Monday, July 19, 2021, from 6:30-8:30PM. Please RSVP for the July 19 monthly meeting at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sacramento-poor-peoples-campaign-sac-ppc-monthly-meeting-tickets-162903162745.