Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Training for the 99%

March 27, 2012


The 99% Spring Offensive is coming. Will you be there?
Groups from every corner of the progressive movement - inspired by the everyday heroes of Occupy Wall Street and Madison, Wisconsin - are planning a massive campaign of bold nonviolent direct actions to explain who REALLY brought on the Great Recession, and make the voices of the 99% impossible to ignore.
The key is making the 99% Spring as big as possible. That's why we’re proud that during the week of April 9 through 15, in small towns and big cities all across America, 100,000 people will come together for an unprecedented national movement-wide nonviolent direct action training.
Will you join the 99% Spring? Click here to sign up, and we’ll put you in touch with the events closest to you.
Our nation's greatest steps forward have come when everyday people stood up and took courageous, visionary, morally compelling direct action. Last year, from the Wisconsin workers who took over their state capitol to Occupy Wall Street, we saw a new movement in America using direct action to highlight the massive inequality that's destroying our country.
That’s why local organizations and volunteers, including DSAers, are running more than 750 trainings in living rooms, union halls, churches, campus classrooms and community centers nationwide. All we need now is to get as many people as possible to join in - people like YOU.
The 99% Spring is our chance to maintain and broaden our powerful collective energy, and learn how we can take action to challenge corporate power, end tax giveaways to the 1%, fight the influence of money in politics, and create a democratic economy that works for all of us.
This is a chance for all of us to come together to shift the political landscape in America. Will you join in?
Click here to sign up for a 99% Spring action training in your area!
Thank you for all you do to make this movement real.
In solidarity,
Maria Svart
National Director

No comments: